The aerospace and defence industry in Prince Edward Island is thriving and enjoys many business advantages:
- Canada’s only aerospace tax rebate program
- A highly skilled and loyal workforce
- Easy access to major international markets including Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, New York and London
- Customized incentive packages to meet the needs of any size business
- A great quality of life and close working partnerships for owners and employees
- A local aerospace training centre with programs that can be customized
- Increased profitability with a competitive cost structure
- World class strategic infrastructure
The Government of Canada has launched a National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy (NSPS) for the development of 21 vessels.
Prince Edward Island’s location, quality infrastructure and skilled workforce can provide companies with the components they need to be part of this shipbuilding project.
Prince Edward Island’s aerospace and defence companies enjoy quality service and world class infrastructure at the Airport Business Centre located in Charlottetown and at Slemon Park in Summerside.
Private airport with an 8,000 foot runway
The only aerospace park in Canada that offers an on-site, customized training centre
A full service residential community, recreational facilities, and food service
Slemon Park houses a number of world-class industry tenants and facilities.
Airport Business Park
The Airport Business Park is located in the capital city, Charlottetown, on the property of the Charlottetown Airport, minutes from the downtown core.
This facility features:
- Flexible airspace with plentiful opportunities to land aircraft, parts and clients
- Two runways (7,000 ft. long and 150 ft. wide, and 5,000 ft. long and 150 ft. wide), three taxiways and two parking aprons
- Runway 03-21 is a precision approach, category II, instrument runway
- Customized building options available
- NAV Canada operates a 24 hour per day, 7 day per week flight service station at the Charlottetown Airport.
- Great amenities, topography, servicing, accessibility, and space inventory
Airport Business Park is ideal for business, commercial and light industrial uses and appeals to a wide cross section of industries.